The Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) in England

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Everytime I try to use PayPal now it forces me to have a confirmation code sent to my phone, then I have to manually enter it. It's beyond annoying and has pretty much removed the 'ease of use' that made PayPal the easy way to pay. PayPal states it is to comply with PSD2.

"The Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) 
This is a new EU directive regulating payment services in the European Economic Area. "

I live in England.

"The United Kingdom (UK) ceased to be a Contracting Party to the EEA Agreement after its withdrawal from the EU on 31 January 2020."

How come I'm still being subject to this? I've used and loved PayPal for decades, I would like to continue using it, but if I have to do this silly phone code with every payment, I'll have to look for an easier way.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Usernamesannoy, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal  Community Forum, and welcome as a new member!

The PSD2 Requirement is still applicable to UK customers. For more information on this, please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

No worries, I realized today how easy it was to just pay directly with my bank card instead. It was great, they didn't force me to use my phone once!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.