Shut off auto login in?

pwcopy
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has started sending me to check out without asking me to log in. How do I shut this off? I never want to make a payment without logging in. Many thanks for your help, PW

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pwcopy 

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Security > One Touch > Update

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pwcopy 

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Security > One Touch > Update

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

94CivicSi
Contributor
Contributor
This only works until the next time you log into Paypal, then it automatically sets your device to auto login once again. How do I stop Paypal from changing this setting against my will? It's not acceptable that I have to shut it off every time I use the service.
Login to Me Too

justasiam71
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having this same problem and I’m really frustrated that it keeps automatically changing my settings to Auto Login. I DO NOT WANT THIS. I want to have to enter my password when I’m making a transaction.
Login to Me Too

hungrydog42
Contributor
Contributor

I too would like a permanent solution. This should be opt in and not opt out anyway. And then when I try and go to make a formal complaint I end up in an endless loop in the help centre which is why I'm here. This page (https://www.paypal.com/nz/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-make-a-formal-complaint-to-paypal-faq2016) says there will be a drop down menu to make a formal complaint. There isn't there is just a bot that keeps sending me to the same page. I am furious.

Login to Me Too

hopefullycos
Contributor
Contributor

I would also like a PERMANENT solution, rather than having to turn off Auto Login every single time I use PayPal!

Login to Me Too

prusso

This is not working. I've tried for 3 days to shut off auto log in and all I get is the message that it can't be done now try later. We need a fix to this. NOW.

Login to Me Too

nhojyelbom
Contributor
Contributor

same issue, NEED TO ALLOW PERMANENT DISABLE of this terrible feature

Auto login

Checkout faster without having to log in every time. Manage auto login on your browsers and devices, including One Touch
Login to Me Too

spddmn6
Contributor
Contributor

I am tired of Paypal forcing auto-login or one-touch or any of the above. I absolutely, DO NOT, want others using this PC to have access to spending my money. Paypal needs to absolultely make these features something that can be permanently disabled. I am extremely tired of having to go through the bothersome process of turning it off all the time!!!!! Fix it, or I will start manage spending with a competitor and stop using Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Jixal

Yup, auto-login is a terrible terrible idea. I never ever want it enabled. You can turn it off but, it keeps re-enabling itself..... madness. 

The last time I tried to turn it off, it wouldn't let me. Just said, "sorry something went wrong, please try again" now it's stuck on..... What a nightmare!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.