Sending and Withdrawal limits. reduce them for account security?

PapaDingo
New Community Member

Hi,

I was checking through other features and settings, and noticed Limits. 

I noted that the limits are set at 60,000 and above, in some cases. I don't have those kinds of funds or need to send/withdrawal those types of figures. 

Is it smart to reduce those for the added security from scammers or hackers?

If so, how do I do it without going through a whole Link Bank Account and supply This Document or That document type hoops?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PapaDingo 

There’s no specific feature or setting to limit this.

Unverified accounts though do have the limits per month or year (check your account) that you’re talking about but it can interfere with account performance in terms of sending, withdrawing and receiving amounts.

PayPal only asks you for essential information when you sign up to PayPal, but as you transact with PayPal, they are under a legal obligation to know more about you. When you verify your account, you're proving that you own the financial details added to your account.

Verified accounts lifts the sending/withdrawal limits have the up to $60k mark but PayPal may limit it to $10k per transaction. Keep in mind that PayPal allows you to report unauthorized transactions. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.