Security Codes being sent

SGoodman
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I keep receiving text messages saying "Your security code is: [code] Your code expires in 5 minutes. Please don't reply."

Is someone trying to log into my account? How can I stop this?

I've already changed my password.

Thanks,

Shane.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @photolarryg and everyone else,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can certainly understand how receiving security codes that you have not been requesting is pretty frustrating. A sure-fire way to fix this is to update the email address you use to login with PayPal. I would also recommend updating your password just in case that has been compromised as well. Hopefully by updating your login information, whoever is trying to login to your account won't prompt a security code to be sent to you. 

Good luck, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

Nickieeee
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. There's a high possibility that someone is trying to access your account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SGoodman

<removed>

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SGoodman
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like a big issue is that some carriers allow you to view text messages on the web. My carrier (Telus Mobility) no longer offers this.

The other issue are the Security Questions. I hope mine are secure enough.

If I'm receiving the security code text messages, does that mean that someone already has my password?

Shane.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SGoodman

Always best to change your password and / or security questions fairly regularly 'just in case'.

If worried give customer services a call.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SGoodman
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my password, but I'm still getting the text messages.

Shane.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220626d
Contributor
Contributor
Hello dear sir
Login to Me Too

Nomis22

I just had the same text, but then I had a follow-up phone call from Ohio (I'm in UK) saying "Hi this is Paypal. Please enter your security code. Clearly someone is going through two stage i.d. and then phoning in the hope that I will give them my clearance code. DON'T respond to the phone call.

Login to Me Too

Wilo_Wilo
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Is it a scam or just an error in the system.
Login to Me Too

Jknewbie
Greetings, I keep receiving text messages saying "Your security code is: [code] Your code expires in 5 minutes. Please don't reply." I was wondering the same thing bc I just got a text and didn’t request a code-Is someone trying to log into my account? Im changing my password. Just had me concerned and wondered if I should contact support ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.