Security Challenge Loop

bbran19
Contributor
Contributor

I am in a security challenge loop. I can log into my PayPal account. I can see transactions.  As soon as I try to do anything else I receive a security challenge loop from which there is no escape.

The same issue occurs on incognito loop and on my phone browser.

Any idea appreciated.

Bob

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

dayveG

I am in a security challenge loop. I can't log into my PayPal account. Please advise

Login to Me Too

SplintersWood
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same loop when logging in. Can you please help me this. It is o fustrating. I have to try to hit the stop x at the right in order to c lick the box I am not a robot. Thanks

Login to Me Too

martha-vargas

need help pls

Login to Me Too

bodley123

i,m in the same pickle what a load of crap but when i buy on loine the payment goes through though. funny thay.

Login to Me Too

coderhimanshu

In this case you just have to do one of these two things

1. Clear paypal application data - because as far as I know this is because of cache junk

2. Clear browser data if using paypal in browser - same issue goes with cache

Then again try to login with your credentials

These two steps worked for me hope they may work for someone too.

Login to Me Too

dinawarapatay
New Community Member

I tried this method on a new browser, no cookie nor cache for Paypal. It took me to the summary of my account, no security check loop but when I go to other pages e.g. wallet, resolution center, it asks me the security and reset password again. Do you have any advice? Thank you

Login to Me Too

ShinyTortoise
New Community Member

It's Nov 2021, and I'm also getting stuck in the "Security Challenge" loop. I've tried two different browsers (Chrome and Brave), disabled adblockers and cookie blockers, and I still cannot access my own data. I can see my user dashboard, but when attempting to download a CSV of my transactions, I get asked to complete the security challenge repeatedly with no end.

It's very frustrating. Why is a website like PayPal so poorly tested?

Login to Me Too

ShinyTortoise
New Community Member

Well, I eventually tried logging into PayPal in Google Chrome desktop browser using an Incognito Window, and this allowed me to proceed past the Security Challenge, for some reason. I'm not sure why the site is so buggy.

Login to Me Too

georgekokos
Contributor
Contributor

I get around it by using my iphone instead of the PC

Login to Me Too

WOW. Between ridiculous fees and treating PAYING customers like criminals, PayPal really doesn't care. My first $300 charge is already down to $270. And I can't transfer it to my bank, and I can't log in because of the security loop to even check on it. This is theft. Theft of $300 dollars, plus the HOURS of time to try to recover MY money. Useless. Too bad Elon has nothing to do with PayPal any longer. Goodbye, not using this cr*p ever again. To add insult to injury, now I have to prove I'm not a robot just to post this also? 

I set up 2FA, that should suffice, instead of this robot loop. It never even asked me to authenticate. 

I am running a business, and I am a consultant that recommends solutions... I don't have time to waste on PayPal's insecurities, and won't ever recommend PP to a client. You should hire me as a security consultant to help make a more usable product.

Seriously Paypal, are your customers all your enemies? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.