Receipt references an old paypal account owner that doesn't exist in our account profile

jsm98
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from our business paypal store with my personal paypal account.    The email confirmation/receipt of the transaction has a "Merchant" and associated email with that merchant that is incorrect.   That email address in the image below is nowhere in our account profile.   

The transactions in our activity register dooesn't reference that email either as the address the payment went to.   Why does the receipt reference that email address?   How do we fix this?    Who at paypal would you email a receipt to to show them that there is a problem with the setup of our merchant account apparently that receipts reference an old email address that our profile doesn't even use anymore.

jsm98_1-1641061693601.png

jsm98_0-1641061546062.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsm98 

You’ll need to sign onto your business account and click your avatar located top-right of page and click Message Center.

Or click “Contact Us” link on the Message Center page, drill down to a category closest to your issue and click “Call Us” after you see the “This information might help” box.

You should also check the PayPal checkout integration (coding) of your web shop to see if that email address was entered anywhere. Or if you use a third party web store/shopping cart (ie. Shopify) with PayPal checkout integration, make sure the PayPal email address is correct at the third party.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsm98 

You’ll need to sign onto your business account and click your avatar located top-right of page and click Message Center.

Or click “Contact Us” link on the Message Center page, drill down to a category closest to your issue and click “Call Us” after you see the “This information might help” box.

You should also check the PayPal checkout integration (coding) of your web shop to see if that email address was entered anywhere. Or if you use a third party web store/shopping cart (ie. Shopify) with PayPal checkout integration, make sure the PayPal email address is correct at the third party.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.