Quick Security Check Failure (Phone number code text)

DMattaekaalus9K
Contributor
Contributor
Every time I try to send a payment, it asks me for a quick security check. I have them text me a code, it fails, saying they couldn't confirm it was me. I'm unsure what else to do from there.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Annie_02
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @DMattaekaalus9K 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post! If you've forgotten the password for your account here is how to reset it. If you are still unable to log in, please contact PayPal customer service for assistance. I hope this is helpful!

Thanks. 

Annie.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DMattaekaalus9K,

Thank you for your post in the Community Forum, and welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the authentication step when sending a payment. 

It sounds like the security system is detecting some potential risks and is asking you to complete an additional step for your protection, and then there's difficulty validating during the process. I realize that is a different situation than the one that @Annie_02 mentioned, and I wanted to let you know that we recognize that. However, the result is the same. For assistance with this, contacting Customer Service would be needed. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I hope this is able to be resolved for you quickly. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.