Question about getting into PayPal Account when member doesn't own a phone.

Teluria
Contributor
Contributor

No, my question wasn't answered regarding not being able to get into my own account when I don't own a cell phone.  If I log in under Guest, as was suggested, I still can't get into my account as I'm a guest - when told I needed to log in with my name and password - <removed>- right about into the "enter cell phone number"....which I just can't do because.....I can't afford a cell phone.  It was also suggested that I try contact them on social networks like Face Book, Twitter, etc.  I am not on any of these networks because I have seen too much problems including accounts being hacked.  I heard here from another person who has run into the same problem as I have.  It seems that their question wasn't answered either.  I'm guessing PayPal doesn't seem to care.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jmilby
Contributor
Contributor

When it asked for a cellphone I put in my landline number and I received an automated call back with the code and was able to login.  My landline number is connected to my account in the settings on my account.  Another user said this worked for them also and she gave more details on this, but couldn't find her post to add to this one. 

Login to Me Too

Teluria
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, jmiby,  That is really a great tip.  I tried that.  Actually I tried it several times hoping to get a different result each time I tried. *lol  Very unfortunately, when I entered the landline number and waited for a phone call for the Code, the phone never rang any of the times I tried it.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.