Problems removing an email address

Jonnyg779
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am wanting to create a new PayPal account with an email linked to the current one. It isn't the primary email so it should be easy to remove but it doenst let me remove it. Is it easier just to close the account and then use the email to start another?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jonnyg779 

Yeah, something’s changed with the user interface, depending on one’s region. That’s what is happening with phone numbers for me or my region. They can only be updated to be removed which they should let people remove it, for example, if a work phone is now invalid and you don’t know when you’ll get another one so one does not have outdated info listed in the meantime.

Perhaps update the email address you want to remove to another one to bump it off. If that’s not possible then closing the account will have to do. You may have to contact customer service to release make the email address available again if it give you an error message that email address cannot be used.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jonnyg779 

Yeah, something’s changed with the user interface, depending on one’s region. That’s what is happening with phone numbers for me or my region. They can only be updated to be removed which they should let people remove it, for example, if a work phone is now invalid and you don’t know when you’ll get another one so one does not have outdated info listed in the meantime.

Perhaps update the email address you want to remove to another one to bump it off. If that’s not possible then closing the account will have to do. You may have to contact customer service to release make the email address available again if it give you an error message that email address cannot be used.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jonnyg779
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response! Yea I had to contact support and they were able to remove the email address for me over the phone
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.