Primary phone not available for OTC used to login

Helen46o3
New Community Member

I may not understand the complexity of security, but I see a lack of effort to clean up problems with OTC's and authenticator apps. 

First, when you present an Input field to type in a code, why is it when I start typing it does not go in the input field?  It is because the programmer used an old API that does not activate the input field to accept data.  So I have to click on the field to activate it each time.  I should not have to do that.  When you ask for data, it should be ready for input.  1980 code.

Second, My primary phone number must be available to receive OTC's no matter if I am using it as a backup phone for another account.  As a mater of fact, I should be able to get OTC codes on one phone for many accounts. Currently, my phone can not be setup to receive OTC codes because it is a backup phone for my husband's account, so, I have to go and get my phone and use the authenticator app to login, a wasted time function.  I should be able to log in with one click.  You expect me to buy another phone to keep my account safe?

I have complained about this many times for years and still no response and no fix.  My bank fixed it, and several of my credit card login are fixed but not you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.