Primary email address

Robinkima
New Community Member

My primary email address no longer exists and PayPal will not allow me to change my primary address. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robinkima 

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and add another/new email address first > verify it > go back and click on update and tick the box underneath that says make primary > then you should get the remove option by the old now no longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

techhelpneeded1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem, the following message appears: "You can't edit your primary email address".

There is no box that says "make primary". I have tried with Edge, Google because I have had issues on other websites that have been solved by using another browser but here the same message appears.

Has someone else encountered the same problem?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@techhelpneeded1 

You can't edit a primary email address which is why I gave you the process in my above post !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

techhelpneeded1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. As I mentionned in my post no box that says "make primary" appears which is why I am asking here how I can solve this issue.

Login to Me Too

techhelpneeded1
Contributor
Contributor

It worked out, the box with the message appeared when I tried again after a short time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.