Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

G6KWO
Contributor
Contributor

Entered, stupidly as it turns out,Philippine phone number. Moved here 6 years ago. Cannot now login. Surely since UK now NOT in EU PSD2 should not apply. Cannot contact Paypal to sort.

Login to Me Too

Adonezo
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t sign in! He ask me to enter verification number from sms, but my number is setting is wrong because of country. I know a have to do change number but he don’t let my in 😞
Login to Me Too

JaminJosh
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same problem - The "Help" Center is USELESS - it wont help you unless you log in which we have established you cant unless you change your number which you cant because you are not logged in. I have asked for my number to be changed before and NOTHING was done. 

Login to Me Too

JaminJosh
Contributor
Contributor

I still cant log in... still with old phone number and now we are being threatened to log in before July... Sort yourself out. 

Login to Me Too

JaminJosh
Contributor
Contributor

Since I posted this second message, I have had moderator after moderator MERGING posts with teh same stupid answer/solution... as I said before sort yourselves out. I suggest you contact all members with a once off opportunity to check their details and make changes WITHOUT a 2step verification. 

Login to Me Too

Colmken
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. When I try to login PayPal wants to authenticate my account by sending a code to a landline phone which isn’t working - I can’t change options to email or mobile cause I can’t log in. Any ideas.
Login to Me Too

Rajesh4910
New Community Member

Hi , 

My phone number is changed , while I am trying to login paypal through email and password its is asking a passcode to enter which was sent on mobile. 

Can somebody help how to change phone number ? I have some google its says setting , but I am not able to get in 

Login to Me Too

MarianSirotnak
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all. I lost access to my paypal account due to change of my phone number. Paypal uses multifactor authenticathion method it is always forcing mi to confirm my old phone number. Unfortunately I do not have an access to the old phone and that is why I can not access my account. Is anybody here who know the solution of this situation? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Mrsharding
New Community Member
Hi I'm trying to get into my PayPal without any success as it has my old number on it so can't verify its me how can I change it without using my old number as no long have that number.
Login to Me Too

official2021
New Community Member
Hello, I can't login to my account due to Strong Customer Authentication. No help! I have USA phone number linked to my account and I don't receive any calls from Paypal. Please help me recover access to my account. I can't call or email them since I can't even login and they're not providing call support right now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.