Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

woodsy53
Contributor
Contributor
Please help me changed my phone number now can't log on to update my account
Login to Me Too

Simeoniliev
Contributor
Contributor
I lost my old number and now I want to change it
Login to Me Too

luv2safari
Contributor
Contributor

The geniuses at Paypal seem to think everyone has a cell phone. I'm in an area with no coverage...READ THAT Paypal...NO CELL COVERAGE! I can't cancel my account over the phone, tried, and they sent a CODE to my landline. If Paypal is that disorganized or rotten I fear for my security there. All I get everywhere I try to contact them is "log into your account". Well, I CAN'T log into my account idiots. Calling them just sends you to prompts to log in and do things on line. It's Nuts. I stated to the prompt that I wanted to cancel, and as I said, they sent a code to my landline phone.I'll try contacting my bank and see if they can block Paypal charges. There's about two-four hours of my time wasted...thanks Paypal. If I could log in without needing a mobile phone I would keep my account. 

Paypal, you have NO customer service. 

Login to Me Too

Acquisitions
Contributor
Contributor

@luv2safari 

Did PayPal ever offer you a solution?

My impression is that there's nobody home, as far as the people profiting from this venture are concerned.

There are people on the Customer Service line, but they have a script to read from, none of which is useful for this issue.

I've filed a complaint with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada - curious to know how many complaints they, and similar orgs in other countries, have had about this hijacking of accounts.
Login to Me Too

Denmark31
New Community Member

Can we please get a fix for the broken sms/call verification ? And no, phone provider doesnt block calls or sms from paypal, or any numbers for me.
I also resetted my phone. And still not recieving any sms or calls from paypal.

What makes things even more absurd, is that to get in contact with their so called customer service, you have to log in to ur account, which is impossible since you still need a unique code from sms or call. It's nothing but a sick joke tbh.

In desperation i tried reaching out to them over facebook, but you are only replied by a robot...
Basically its impossible to contact customer support.

Is there any fix for this?
I have an iphone btw.

Login to Me Too

Bam99
New Community Member
Hi hello dear did you get through with resolving the problem with PayPal
Login to Me Too

Kenzu7
Contributor
Contributor

I have this SAME exact issue and its driving me mad.

Login to Me Too

SRASolutions
New Community Member
Hi i have a new phone number and i cant access my account because the log in thing keeps sending the one time code to my old number. I cant log in to change the number and i keep calling the help center but it keeps hanging up on me.
Login to Me Too

Acquisitions
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution?
I had 2 calls with the help centre - 30 mins and 20 mins. Both times they acknowledged they couldn't resolve the problem and were going to "transfer me to a supervisor" and then hung up.

It all seems kind of illegal? Unless PayPal doesn't feel obliged to follow the laws of any country they operate in.

Login to Me Too

joreq
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot login into my PayPal account because my phone number is wrong and cannot get the verification codes. I cannot change my phone number because i cant login of course. @kernowlass @sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.