cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
rockney8588
Contributor

It is arrogant and unacceptable to assume, expect and demand anyone using this service to own a cell phone.

It smacks of unethical cross-checking with other companies doing who knows what with our private information. I don't care what the privacy statement says. We all know companies do nefarious things behind closed doors.

Further, as has been proven by the recent massive bank hack in Europe, it is a FALLACY to think someone can actually be "verified" by using SMS to send a useless "code" in attempts to tie every possible means of tracking someone together.

As a 45-year software engineer I find these tactics to be 1) unethical, 2) useless, 3) aggravating, 4) intrusive.

Options
Temp20201222a

Everyone can not afford a mobile phone!  How did you at PayPal get so full of yourself?  I can't log in to my account which I've had for years.  

Options
lostinmidwest

I don't have a mobile, have no plans to get one either. If it now means I can't use PayPal, so be it. Don't know when this policy requiring a mobile was introduced - a week ago it wasn't necessary, but it seems discriminatory to me: forcing me to make an unwanted purchase.

Adieu PayPal.

Options
MikeDF
Contributor

Thank you for this - but how can I access my account that I have had for YEARS now?

Love it when technology HAS to be used.............NOT!

Bye for now

Mike

Options
MikeDF
Contributor

Yet again it seems that Paypal don't really seem to care about people who don't, won't or cannot use a mobile phone - for whatever reason they may have.  Another strike for people trying to make life difficult these days. Disgusting and totally wrong - like a lot of stuff these days......

If there's a problem with my account, I guess it doesn't matter and I won't have to sort it out. I think I will just shut down the items I have using paypal buttons and give up.......

THANK you Paypal.

Options
consul57
Contributor

it does not say that when i called them and also the paypal website says you can have a land line.

so they don't know it seems either!

Options
Romeo85
Contributor
Hi, I have a mobile number but it is not a Portuguese number anymore. Now I’m in my home country Angola. When I try to login I can’t access because the sms validation goes to another number. Please advise.

Options
Linarroyo
Contributor

Ia Paypal willing to but me a cell phone?

Options
bgdode3
Contributor

hi, I want to change my mobile phone number, the one you text me on it is not my number.

thank you in advance.

regards

bgdode3

Options
DB321

Search Engine: "paypal alternative"

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.