Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

moneyman94
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks this worked for me. Was able to pass the phone number check when accessing account with desktop browser and mobile app at the same time. Lost access to my account 6 months ago and Paypal customer service was no help. They said from the UK line that they can't solve international issues.

EDIT: Ofc you need to remember email and password at the first try

Login to Me Too

Drizzle513
New Community Member
Need help with changing phone number I have an old number on my PayPal
Login to Me Too

nftwillson
New Community Member

Hi, I need help with getting passed my phone number security, I know my email and password just can`t get passed the phone number part if any one could help me with this would be great? I`ve tried phoning them and didn`t get much help and I cannot get in to the account and password info to change my number to get passed the security, this account is not the one I`m on about I can get on to this one fine.

Login to Me Too

OrganicallyMaz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm unable to login to my account because it keeps trying to send a text message or call to my old dead mobile number. When I try to add my new mobile phone number, it says that it's unsupported.

Login to Me Too

thecuteone1
Contributor
Contributor

hello,i cant log into my account because i used 2 phone no that im not using anymore and there s no way to have acces to any of it and i dont want to open new account i want to have acces to my old one thats the one and only.  when i m trying to log in there are 3 ways of confirmation :  using paypal app ( no possible ) phone call or phone number and there s no way to confirm it trough my email and i dont understand why.  what i can do ? i can prove that im the owner of that account with my documents or whatever its need.  thanks in advance 

Login to Me Too

happinesswill
New Community Member
They send a text for the code to a number that is not right. I told them over the phone and typed it in in account information part. It still has the old number popping up. What do you do?
Login to Me Too

vivekjaiswal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal 
I have lost my mobile and sim card.
I want to access the paypal , but getting trouble as it has 2 factor authentication. 
Please help me to allow log in.
When I try to log in, It says to input OTP that is end to mobile phone number. (which I don't have)
I am currently traveling outside Germany. SO cannot get back the mobile number soon.
Please help me to use my paypal account.
Regards
Vivek 

Login to Me Too

LetMeInGoddang
New Community Member
I was robbed(my phone and wallet) so I cant use my phone number. For login I need to verify by message or whatsapp or what ever it takes with the old phone. What can I do. I need to login because all my old cards are now stopped and I still have things to pay by paypal. I tried to call the help center but they dont answer my call so I dont know what to do.
Login to Me Too

r511
New Community Member

Hi,

I am having trouble logging into paypal. It has my old phone number from US but I am now in another country. I was able to change the password but unable to proceed beyond the point where it sends a message to the phone. When I try to add my new phone number (from another country), it does not throw an error but does not change the phone number either.

I tried calling the help center number 

I have an email of a fraudulent transaction request on this account that I have not used in years. I have to dispute it but unable to login or contact paypal by any other means to do so.

Need help of the community to find a way to update the phone number or speak with an agent.

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

Talha60
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...My phone Number is out dated. I'm trying to login to update my number but paypal is sending a verification code on my previous number which i don't have now. So tell me How can I login my paypal account and update my phone Number..Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.