Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kunciati
New Community Member

Hey my problem I wanna change my phone number but I can't because when I wanna go to settings pp want to know who I'm and there is my old phone number and I can't change

Login to Me Too

Davidtskabe
New Community Member

Hello, i have my old PayPal account and to login it asks me to verify phone number with sms but unfortunately i lost that phone number so is there any way i can change it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Davidtskabe,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble accessing your PayPal account. I know this can be frustrating and concerning. A lot of times, the reason users can't access their PayPal account is that the phone number associated with the PayPal account is outdated/inactive. In order to log in it is a mandate to have the registered phone number available. In this situation, I would strongly advise getting in direct contact with our Customer Care. The agent(s) will be able to resolve it and regain your access. You can find contact options by going to the PayPal website and selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

rickli2022
New Community Member

I have an American account , the phone number I used for registration was out of service cause the operator had been no longer provide the service ,so that I can't log in without receiving the dynamic code of the phone number, what should I do?

Login to Me Too

ehllo
Contributor
Contributor

I was an exchange student to Germany, so I used temporary phone number.

I came back to my country and forgot to change it to my real phone number.

when I try to log in paypal, it requires me to verify phone number.

I can't use my old phone number any more.

So, I cannot log in paypal. Only way I can contact to paypal is "Call Paypal"

It costs a lot since I call from overseas, and I don't speak German.

Is there nay other way to log in my account?

or I just wanna resign my account and make a new one!!!!

(ps. My account is German paypal)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ehllo,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about login issues. Please know that when moving from one country to another country, you'll have to close the existing account and create a new PayPal account in the current region. If you want to have the same old email address, the only option is to contact our customer support team through the available contact options on our website, request to close the existing account and then after couple of days register for a new one. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Simonshare
New Community Member

Lost a phone number associated with my acc, is there any way to change it? Because i can't log in without it

Login to Me Too

Jamie180
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal doesn't take Texnow numbers so I used my neighbor's phone it's a good one but because I don't have neighbor number in my PayPal account they still won't take it what to do now help Tucson Az ?
Login to Me Too

steve-thomas
Contributor
Contributor

when paypal send me a security code on my phone to very fie its me logging into my account ...i see the first line of a message with my phone with it still locked but because the code is sent in the first line it is visible can you put the code further down the message so the phone needs to be unlocked to access the code ... i could have lost my phone and an unauthorised person will be able to get the code.....

Login to Me Too

Onnyyxx
New Community Member
I tried to change my phone number but it needs old phone number verification which i dont have because it expired and the account automatically log me out and when i tried to log in it says "we're sorry we couldn't confirm its you" how do i fix that
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.