Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
nuhjeea
Contributor

How did this method work for you guys?

It keeps asking for one-time code being sent phone number and I have to hit "continue". I tried pasting your link and going there but then I just get the error message:

"Something went wrong on our end
We're sorry, we're having some trouble completing your request right now. Please try again shortly."

Options
Go to solution
Arcansel
Contributor
Try this: Go to go google type "paypal account settings" press enter, in the first option that shows copy the link then enter that same first option, login like usual, in here should appear the phone number authentication screen, paste the link earlier and press enter while on this same page, do not exit the phone number authentication page and then paste the link this is important, after this should appear your paypal account settings where you can change your phone number and solve your problem. If this still doesnt work for you try in a diferent browser, i used Chrome for this. If it still gives you same error i advise you to try later as it can really be a issue in paypal end.

Options
Go to solution
nuhjeea
Contributor

Thanks for trying, but still not working. Instead of getting error now, I just get redirected to log in again and when I input my information, the next page is just the phone text verification page again.

Options
Go to solution
Arcansel
Contributor
It is strange that you are redirected to login page because you are suposed to be logged in already it shouldnt redirect you to login again. Are you sure you re pasting the link when you are at the phone text verification page and not at the login page? If thats the case it makes sense what you re saying, other than that i really dunno what else to do to try to help you.

Options
Go to solution
Col83
New Community Member

Yes, looks like paypal read thos thread and patched their unsafe site lol. Only way to solve this issue now is to call paypal, what a bunch of muppets ey. ou would think you could use a link to reset your damn number but no, paypal got to make things hard.

Options
Go to solution
KaneB

That doesn't work either keeps saying the same **bleep** thing?!

Options
Go to solution
KaneB
That ain't working for me just done a reset and it still wants to send a verification to my old number?!

Options
Go to solution
SachaD

This does not work, even after changing the password it still demands additional verification and the only available option is the same non-existing phone number, so I am stuck in the same loop. It's mind-boggling that this is still an issue. 

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@SachaD 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Go to solution
Pollyanna27
Contributor

I have my phone number added to another Paypal account, I got a new phone and now can’t access that Paypal account without it sending my phone a text, I’ve tried changing my password numerous times and it still takes me to having to text my old number. I’ve set this Paypal up just so I can ask this question as I can’t access my account. I’ve got a refund coming in being sent to a blocked card and I need to stop that from happening. Someone please help 🙏🏻☹️ How do I get into my account without this number issue - I’ve done ‘trouble logging in’ & changing my password still can’t access the account.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.