Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

petrabras70
New Community Member

My phone number has changed as I am on another location.  I cannot call paypal on the phone number they display as customer center number it shows invalid number. I cant login, nor restore my account....any clue?

Login to Me Too

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @petrabras70 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues logging into your account. If you can no longer access the account, from Help & Contact "Password and account access" then "Connection problems". You will find at the bottom of the page the options to contact us without being connected and in a secure way. These options will be available during the opening hours of our services, only.

If you can access your account but are unable to change the phone number, please do not hesitate to contact us once logged into your account, you will find options at the bottom of the page to contact us once logged in.

I hope this helps!

- Mujahid

Login to Me Too

ALilley421
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have money in my PayPal account, I can get on my email and I can get past my email and password on PayPal but it’s asking for a number I no longer own. Is there anyway around this? I have been looking for a good while
Login to Me Too

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ALilley421 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues logging into your account. I'd first recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps in the following Help Center articles:

What can I do if I can't log in?

I forgot my password. How do I reset it?

If you're still running into issues after that, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Best wishes!

- Mujahid

Login to Me Too

ALilley421
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply. I’ve had a look through all the troubleshoot problems and still no luck. Every time I try to hit the ‘contact’ button, I log in and then it asks for the mobile number I no longer have access too, so it’s a bit of an issue doing that as well
Login to Me Too

Palnikovs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,two months ago i have changed the primary phone number in my paypal account i also changed the phone like i'm doing it every year i started using the paypal from my new device the problem appear now,i can't send a payments anymore i can't make a purchases i can do nothing with my paypal account i can log in but when i'm trying to pay for something it's not sending the security code to my new number but to my old number what i don't have anymore,i have removed my old number from paypal after that and get new error - Sorry we can't confirm it's you,now i can't even log in,somehow i get in one day i add my old number back now i don't have a problems with log in but can't still make a payments,what is this ?i have to open new paypal account everytime when i'm changing the device ? i was trying different browsers i have cleaned the cookies 100 times,i can't make a payment even for £1,please advice what to do,thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Palnikovs 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Palnikovs
Contributor
Contributor
I Have spoken with support three times,every time they are telling the same wait 24 H and try again.
Login to Me Too

zozo2702
Contributor
Contributor

I have two old paypal accounts linked to two different phone numbers, however I no longer have either of those phone numbers. Need to get into those accounts to delete them so the bank account I linked them to can be removed as it is still my current bank account. Am unable to attach my bank account to a new account now because of this. What to do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zozo2702 

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is a business account.

So it would be a good choice to close the other 2 before you open the third one.

Also you can only add a bank account to any paypal account a maximum of x3 times in that banks lifetime.

To access your accounts your best bet is to contact customer services.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.