Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

egeneh
New Community Member

Thanks for your suggestions.  There may be people who don't use cell phones but do use Facebook and Twitter; however, I am not one of them.

As to "chatting," I saw no "chat" function on any of the Help or Contact pages.  As to calling - well, it's the principle of the thing, ya' know?  Why would I want to call them if they don't want customers with call-only phones?

I just looked again at the message saying my current account statement is available (that's what prompted my login attempts) and it says I can email them.  No email address is provided in that message or anywhere on the website that I can find.  If anyone in the community has an email address that will reach PayPal customer service, please post - I will be forever grateful.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220613B
Contributor
Contributor

I closed my Paypal account 6 months ago,  I now need to use that account for purchase,  Can't log in, trying to reopen account keeps telling me 'Authorisation required', and my phone number has changed??  Jonjo.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220613B 

Just open new account with same email address if you want and new phone number, you just won’t have any of the previous account history. Alternatively, checkout as PayPal guest with the debit/credit card option. A closed account cannot be reopened.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gie87s
New Community Member
I cant login my paypal account, because my phone number gone and has expired, please help what can i do?
Login to Me Too

kiran55
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Gie87s ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

I understand that you are unable to access your PayPal account. In this situation, I recommend you contact our phone support. They will be able to assist you further. You can find the number to reach us by going to PayPal website, scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting Contact, then clicking Call us. You can contact us during the timings available for your region. 

There is no other alternative to get this fixed other than calling, since there are security questions that needs to be validated and that can only be done over the call.

Thanks

Kiran

Login to Me Too

Palnikovs
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry but the problem is not in log in but in payments,I can’t make a payment.
Login to Me Too

Argy3
Contributor
Contributor

My phone number does not longer exist. How can i conect to my account?

Login to Me Too

oliverjakub122
Contributor
Contributor

@Argy3 Connect what? A phone number?

Login to Me Too

Argy3
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot access my account because the phone number in my profile does not belong to me any more. How can I change it?

Login to Me Too

oliverjakub122
Contributor
Contributor

@Argy3 
1. Go to PayPal.
2. Go to Settings,
3. scroll down a few until you see phone numbers,
4. Click on change on the phone number you want to change.
5.Click at Add new,
6. Put your new phone number.
7. Click on Add new Phone number.
Done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.