Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

konne777
New Community Member

I cannot confirm my login (PSD2) because i have a new phone number, so i cannot receive the text. What to do ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@konne777 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

celinas9
New Community Member

I forgot the password for my real PayPal account (not this account) and tried to do a password reset. It prompts me to enter my email address, which I did. Then it asks me to confirm my phone number. The problem is that it's listing my old phone number that I don't have anymore! I don't want it to verify me through my phone number, I just want a link sent through my email address. I'm stuck at this point because it wants to verify through my old phone number which I don't have access to. I tried to get a live agent multiple times on the PayPal phone number, but it always ends with saying "we can't assist with your issue over the phone" or something like that. I had to make a second account just to ask for help on here because I can't login to message them and I don't see any way to email Paypal. Someone please help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@celinas9 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

grofstepe
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

First sorry for my english.

My problem is, when i try to login to my old account it asking me to send code to my old phone number, but i dont that old number anymore, and there ia no other options like security question or send code to email, is there anyway to restore my account, i have still same password but dont have old phone number.

There is option to call Paypal support but i dont know to speak english.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grofstepe 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dusarp
New Community Member

Hi, I have an issue, I had an old Paypal account, but I have a new mob number. So I cannot log in, because Paypal is asking for the sms code, and my old number is not in use anymore. Can somebody help? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dusarp 

Only customer services can help you gain access again >>>

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kaito_Fujiwara
New Community Member

I have problems with logging in. Asks for phone number (which is my old phone number) and I can't log in without text or phone call. I can't call the help center or message them. Can you help me? Or giving me an email address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaito_Fujiwara 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.