cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Dalr01
New Community Member
I forgot my password and I want to change it but I change my phone number so I can’t reset my password because it only gives me the option to send a code to that number, and it doesn’t give the option to do it with my email.

Options
Cristianecaetan
New Community Member
Preciso receber extorno

Options
jusstt
Contributor

Lukas It doesnt work anymore. If I want to change paypal settings it asks for 2nd verification and its with old number...
I dont know what else to do. I can call to USA - it says that number is wrong, can not chat because you need to log in ... I tried to pay with paypal and just login without confirming payment it also didnt work..
HELP! someone who knows

Options
kirstenalisha1
New Community Member

ive been locked out my account. its got my old phone number on it and i cant login to change it because it needs to ring text ect to prove its me. please can somebody help. thankyou 

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@kirstenalisha1 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Pholmes2021
New Community Member
I haven't used my account for some time. When I try to login it says I need to verify my account by phone but it's my older number and doesn't give me any option to change it. How do I get around this?

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Pholmes2021 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
kpde
New Community Member

i tried to login with username and password. Then it ask for verification. I do not have that phone number with me any longer and so logging is not possible. This is deadlock, is there way to login and update phone number without verification being asked at first time.

Options
FYMKratos
New Community Member
Hi, i want to log in but i need to verify my number, but i have new number. What can i do?

Options
sagri2021
Contributor

I have the same issue as well! Have you managed to find a solution to this? 

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.