cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Netherman
Contributor

Hey, i cant access to my paypal account (i have mail and password) because when i log in it asks me for a code sent to phone, but i dont own that phone anymore, so basically how can i recover my account with security answer or something? because it only ask me for the phone code and nothing more, anyways all i need from that old account its my "vendor id" because i need it to verify my account in a site which is not paypal, how can i get that if i cant access my account? sorry for my english and thanks for the help.

Options
JoannaWilgocka
New Community Member

We use a paypal account at work. We have added several users and several email addresses, but when there is authorization (PSD2) then sms can be ordered only to the phone number of one person. When this person is on vacation we have no way to make payments. How to deal with this?

Options
Sabstu92
Contributor

Stopped using my old number and got a new one and now i cant log in to my paypal account.
Seems there is no solution...

Options
Boybaro
Contributor
I cannot authenticate my account because my phone number has changed. I don't live in the uk I now live in Canada but I can't access my PayPal, can anyone help ?

Options
Jazmin-Butter
Contributor
I'm Having the same problem. Sorry I can't help but would like to know the answer

Options
Anndixo
New Community Member

I can't get on my PayPal because my number as changed 

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Anndixo 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
fogradyie
New Community Member

I am unable to sign in fully to my account, as my Mobile number has changed and I am unable to receive sms or call

Options
Anna-23
Contributor
My PayPal has the wrong phone number attracted to it so I can’t login to receive my payments- how do I change the phone number please

Options
Saleem8
Contributor

Hi There,

So I have a strange situation.

I have used an expired sim card so I can no longer access it and therefore cannot pass the SIM authentication when I am logging into paypal.

I called paypal to try and have it changed but they asked me for the last 4 digits of my card, and I used a prepaid card, so I do not have access to this.

It has been years since I used this account and when I last used it , I had incurred some sales and paypal put my account on a 180 day ban.

I have funds in the paypal account but cannot access them 😞

Can someone please please make any suggestions as to how I may go about recovering my funds or the account.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.