Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

ronsipherd
Contributor
Contributor
Starting today, PayPal won't let me log in without providing it with
my mobile phone number. 
I don't have one.
But to report the problem, I have to log in.
There seems to be no way around this.
Login to Me Too

MLeMahieu
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal likely does this as a measure to prevent fraud
Login to Me Too

ronsipherd
Contributor
Contributor

Well, sure; but that doesn't solve my problem.

Login to Me Too

ronsipherd
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind; I figured it out.

Login to Me Too

rcbear
New Community Member

What was your solution to this problem can you tell me in detail.

Login to Me Too

Sharrinx
New Community Member

Hi,how did you get around this issue? I recently had to change my mobile number and now cant access PayPal cause text is being sent to my old number.

Login to Me Too

Amy205
New Community Member
I don’t have access to the phone number that is connected to my device so I can’t log on to retrieve money sent to my device or update phone number
Login to Me Too

PK_91
New Community Member

Hey PayPal,

Your customer service is so poor I feel sorry for you. My phone number has been deleted and I am no more able to log in into my account due to PayPal sending the 2FA authentication code to a non-existent account. I am not able to contact your customer service. And your 'Help webpage', when clicking on "I know my password but have no access to my phone.... please recover your account" link is not working. 
It's very frustrating. Similar issues have been resolved with a traditional bank in 3 mins, in NEO banks in 5 mins and in Transferwise in 10mins. Please don't make me think that you are not worthy of being a part of the  financial institutions. I love your product please help.  

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PK_91 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Azzy10
New Community Member
Can’t access account due to not updating my phone number . So I can’t get pass verification code.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.