Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Angelcraft202p
New Community Member
Can any one help with code plz as I cannot get in to my account without that as I have I got a new mobile number plz can you help me with code ty
Login to Me Too

Armin2001
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question about my account.I lost my number and I cant login now on my account cuz its asking for message code.If somebody know please tell me.

Login to Me Too

CHEWYMUR12

I haven't logged into my PayPal account up n a while but have changed my phone number and it wont let me log without a txt or phone call to my old number. Is there any way I can upgrade my number

Login to Me Too

Vexw
New Community Member
Hi I cant get access to my account due to my old phone number It sent the code number to it Please how to change to my current phone number
Login to Me Too

JurisS22
New Community Member

Hi, 

I am unable to log into my account, because I am asked to go thru verification process which involves a verification code being send to my phone number, which does not exist anymore.. Paypal staff? help?

Login to Me Too

DebbieBee1
New Community Member

hi i have changed my phone number so now i can not get on to my paypal account 

Login to Me Too

Aviwe043
New Community Member
Can't login - I know my username and password. After entering details PayPal wants to verify via my old number. I no longer have access to that number. How do I go around this?
Login to Me Too

ilmarichmond
New Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to log-in to my account.

After putting my passwords, it requires a verification with my old mobile number - which does not exist. 

I cannot proceed from here. I could not figure out how to solve this issue.

Please help. 

Login to Me Too

BabaInternet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My original UK number expired (which was on PayPal) and I've got a new number. But now I can't log in (I know my password and all secret questions, but PP isn't giving me an option for that. I even tried the option of Forget my pass and changed them, but still I cant log in and PP wants to send a message or call my old phone...))

I can't get my old number back. I tried contacting Paypal but it wants me to log in before trying to message them, which can't!!

I also got no help from their Facebook or Twitter help!!

What can I do? Why don't they offer alternativ methods for logging in?? Even when we know our passwords etc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @BabaInternet,

Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in our Community. I know it can be frustrating to not have access to your account, and we do have ways of helping you update your information, however, we'll need to speak with you over the phone in order to make the necessary updates. To contact us as a guest without logging in, please visit our Contact page, and click on Password and account access. On the next page, click Login problems where you'll then find the option to call us as a guest towards the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.