Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LadyPuff 

You would need to have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account to access and use your phone in the future.
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

XavierKelly
New Community Member

This is my cousins PayPal account and I used his phone number to make my PayPal account but he doesn’t have his phone so I can’t get the code that’s being sent to log in my account which is, Email: <removed> - My Name is Xavier <removed> I’m just trying to get in my account before this guy does so he won’t take my money. Is there anything you could ask me ? Like any personal questions that only I’d know so you can let me into my account pleaseeeee !!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XavierKelly 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anna2022
Contributor
Contributor
I just change my phone number and verified through call, can't access my account anyone know how
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anna2022 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ReimarG
New Community Member

I can no longer access my account because after logging in I get a request to set up a mobile phone number.  I don't have one.  I tried using my land line number to no avail.  Can someone get me the 800 number I need to call?  I can't even get that far now.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReimarG 

You would need to add a mobile phone to continue using a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rainproof
Contributor
Contributor

i can't login!

no matter what I do or what i click on I get a screen that wants my mobile number.

I don't have a mobile number!!

I can't get thru on any of the paypal help or problem resolution selections either.

and i don't know their phone number.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rainproof 

Once you have access you will need to add a mobile phone to continue using your Paypal account as Paypal are using them for logging on security reasons.

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.