Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

rockit1954
New Community Member

Pay pal will not let me log into my account unless I furnish a mobile phone number, but I do not have a mobile number

Login to Me Too

SR24-97
New Community Member

Hi 

I can't login to my account as authentication is required following putting in my details. It only gives the options of receiving a text / phone call, however both numbers on my account are out of date and I no longer have access to these. 

I can't see any alternative way of authenticating my account. Is there another way?

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SR24-97 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rabiaqindeel
New Community Member

Dear sir. I'm trying to change my Paypal information in the account but it's not possible.. I created this account back in 2016 and add in a phone number which is changed now. I would like to change my phone number and my location but I am unable to do so. kindly help me in this as I would like to activate my Paypal and start using it since I'm in US now 

Login to Me Too

Claireemma
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot get into my PayPal because I’ve changed my number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claireemma 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ghghghgh
New Community Member

I can't access my account. My phone number has not been updated. Because of this, I can't log in, and can't message support. Also can't call support because the call centre isn't operational due to COVID...

What am I meant to do?!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ghghghgh 

Or
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Treacle3
New Community Member

Hi All,
I've not used paypal for a few years, but now have need of it.
I've moved house in that time and changed my mobile phone, so none of the numbers on the account are correct anymore.
When I try to log in, my password is correct, but Paypal want me to verify by text to various numbers which are no longer mine.
I cannot get in of course, to rectify this.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place! Help!

Login to Me Too

jhanezky15
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't receive verification code for my phone number.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.