Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Mudassar334
Contributor
Contributor
Can't login as my numbers changed..stupid screen props up directing everything to our old number...I cannot buy anything using PayPal now..I might as well delete this company completely.
Login to Me Too

ciaranb
New Community Member

Can somebody please help. I am having the same issue

Login to Me Too

Mudassar334
Contributor
Contributor
Best thing for it is to call them to get it resolved..they have 2 numbers to call..if you look down this page..left side it says..help and contact..once clicked, go down to the bottom again to where it says 'contact' Then scroll slightly down to 'password and account access' . From here there is a tab that says..'login issues' click it. ....there..near the bottom it should have a phone sign..click it and you should be able to either go directly to an automated phone setup to call PayPal..or they have another phone number further down. I'm going to call them today..later.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alison098 

@ciaranb 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pokeyplants
New Community Member

I am living in Australia now, previously from the US. Trying to restart my account, Changed password then tried to login. They then wanted my MOB# but will not accept the Australia #. so it will not let me log in to alter banking info. any help thanks

Login to Me Too

Klarulor
New Community Member

Good day. My brother has a PayPal account but has been unable to access it for a long time due to the fact that he has lost access to the phone. Is it possible to somehow restore access to him / delete his account?

Login to Me Too

Katerina20
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot log in for some days because when I try to log in it want a code to be entered to the phone after ringing . But the phone is not ringing.. and I

cannot log in in my paypal account . What can I do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katerina20 

Any code to log in is accessed via a text sent to your paypal registered and verified mobile phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ZilvinasRakausk
Contributor
Contributor

I can't log in to my paypal account because I don't have an authenticated phone number anymore. The phone number changes and have connection problems to paypal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @ZilvinasRakausk,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in to your account. If you are unable to log in due to needing to change the phone number on the account, you'll need to contact our Customer Support for assistance. To contact our Customer Support, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.