cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
ED24093
New Community Member
I am having problems logging into PayPal. I was not aware that I had to update my mobile number before the new regulations came into effect. As a result when I try to login the verification code is send to my old phone number, how do I get the login/verification code sent to my new phone number?

Options
Duan1
New Community Member

"Authentication required"

"As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you."

Cant connect 'cause I never changed my old phone number. I wish the developers would have been smart enough to at least ask once to confirm the phone number before forcing  an authentication via phone...

I tried to reset my password hoping I could change my number as well, unfortunately I'm still stuck on a wrong phone number authentication.

Any solution?

Options
ClaudeWanyne
New Community Member
I'm unable to access my acc anymore. I add ed my new phone number and also change my password and after that, I can't login anymore. Pls help

Options
Scoosh
New Community Member
Hi when I try log on it says I need a code and they will send it to my phone number but it’s an old number they have for me , how do I change it

Options
Charlie184
New Community Member

Hi! I have another account that I did not use for a while. However, I would like to use it again but I have changed my phone number and now I cannot log in there anymore. What I have to do to change that? I tried different ways to contact the help center but without success.
Thanks in advance!

Options
Anetsa
New Community Member

seems like there is no other way to get to my account as i changed my mobile,what do i do?

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Anetsa 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Da_Problem
I keep getting a security check asking to put a phone number in and when I do it says that the number is not supported

Options
nguyenngoc1112
Contributor

Hi there, 

I used to register Paypal with an old phone number. 

Currently I have a new phone number and did not use the old one. Upon I make an order to withdraw funds from Paypal to my local bank account, Paypal ask to sent verify message to my old phone number. Then how can? 

Options
machinh
Contributor

To access my account Paypal is asking me to receive a text or call on a number I no longer use. I am not offered any option to verify my account in any other way, there are just the  'receive a text' or 'have us call you' options. Does anyone know how I can access my account? Thanks

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.