New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
"As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you."
Cant connect 'cause I never changed my old phone number. I wish the developers would have been smart enough to at least ask once to confirm the phone number before forcing an authentication via phone...
I tried to reset my password hoping I could change my number as well, unfortunately I'm still stuck on a wrong phone number authentication.
Hi! I have another account that I did not use for a while. However, I would like to use it again but I have changed my phone number and now I cannot log in there anymore. What I have to do to change that? I tried different ways to contact the help center but without success.
Thanks in advance!
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
I used to register Paypal with an old phone number.
Currently I have a new phone number and did not use the old one. Upon I make an order to withdraw funds from Paypal to my local bank account, Paypal ask to sent verify message to my old phone number. Then how can?
To access my account Paypal is asking me to receive a text or call on a number I no longer use. I am not offered any option to verify my account in any other way, there are just the 'receive a text' or 'have us call you' options. Does anyone know how I can access my account? Thanks