Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rae29 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DorianGrey7
Contributor
Contributor
I have been charged for not logging into my account over the last year. However I cannot log in as it is an old account from the UK and I have lived in Australia for 7 years now. I cannot log in as I need to confirm with a phone long defunct despite knowing my password. I cannot message PayPal as they demand log in before you can message them. I’ve tried ringing them in Australia and was told to ring the UK who didn’t answer. They ask for bank details again not an account I’ve not used in 7 years. I’m hoping PayPal may see this and get in touch by email as I have no wish to pay out every year from an account I can’t access
Login to Me Too

DorianGrey7
Contributor
Contributor
Ridiculous there are 53 pages about this issue and I can’t find one answer from anyone from PayPal. They are impossible to contact. Hopefully there’s not too much money for them to steal from my account annually. I will never use them again and will avoid EBay as a result
Login to Me Too

Thirrja
Contributor
Contributor

hello please help me how i can got security code on my phone. is my number. on it but nothing code coming.. what to do.? how i can up on my paypal. and to change number?  what need to do?

Login to Me Too

alicejp
Contributor
Contributor
Is the 3rdt time i post my problem but no chance to enter in my account becouse is not posible to change the phone number,the solution Donna send me is not posible,also i can't view my acount to do that change.Please,somebody can tell me a phone number to speak to a person?Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Theocehill
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t log onto my PayPal account as you need to verify using your phone number and it’s an old number I don’t have access to. The only way to change the number is to log in? I can’t contact live chat because again you need to log in.
Login to Me Too

Cuilwen
New Community Member

Trouble is my husband who also has a paypal is unable to access his account in Sweden. After losing the phone and no longer can access his account to retrieve money because he is unable to verify that it is him via the phone.  When looking around to see if there was another way to verify it is him,  it takes him back to the help page, but to contact anyone thru paypay - They send him in a loop,  log in and verify via phone.  This is fustrating.  How can one access their account if phone is lost or Stolen?  He tried to call the phone number they gave for those in Sweden but nothing.  Please! Someone from paypal should know how he can access his account.  Contact me with a phone number that he can truly call or an email address he can write to without having to log into his Account.

Sincerely a devoted PAYPAL CUSTOMER FOR OVER 10 YRS.  

Login to Me Too

Allan08
New Community Member
How can I change my mobile number as I need the code sent to the new one
Login to Me Too

Lily99
Contributor
Contributor

It is so wired for the Dutch paypal.

I have changed my country and phone number. So, I don't have my old Dutch phone number anymore. I was told to contact service. But it needs login before I can contact anyone of the paypal in the Netherlands. I have my password correct. But it always asked me to "Authentication required" which need to send a message or call to my old phone number. 

Thus, this is a dead loop. I am not able to login my paypal account, as I can't recieve the message for "Authentication required". To solve it, I have to contact the paypal persons. But to contact them, I need to login my paypal account..... 

I felt so disappointed about it. 

I have contacted the paypal UK by phone, as they have the phone number. But they said I have to contact the Dutch paypal. But this is not contact number at all for Dutch paypal!!!!

Login to Me Too

Lily99
Contributor
Contributor

Who can help me? This is so stupid! Where can I found live persons for help? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.