cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Welshfarmer
Contributor
Here in Wales where I live and work the problem is that the closest mobile phone reception is 6 miles away. I have only ever needed PayPal on my home PC, so even though I own a mobile there is no way to get a text to it in any scenario where I would be using PP.

Options
Twchf
New Community Member

Very similar situation for me... mobile phones don’t work here... so it really isn’t practical to have to go for a drive to find a signal where it is hopefully strong enough to get a message and then get back... there must be  another way to work around this. Other companies have found alternative solutions and still comply with the law.

Options
HelperFixer
Contributor

STEP 1: Login as usual to your paypal account until you get to the mobile verification screen.

STEP 2: Scroll down to bottom of screen until you see on the lower left or lower right

where it says in small letters " privacy ". Click on it. A seperate window in your browser should open(mozilla).

STEP 3: Click on the tiny paypal symbol located in the middle upper screen.Another screen will appear.

STEP 4: Just click on "My Paypal" on the upper right of your screen. Have FUN !

####write the above steps down on a piece of paper in case you forget later#### 🙂

Options
HelpMePleeeez
Contributor

Doesn't work.  😞

Options
marybredin
Contributor

hi

there was no step 3 - no paypal symbol to click. 

m

Options
HelperFixer
Contributor

STEP 1: Login as usual to your paypal account until you get to the mobile verification screen.

STEP 2: Scroll down to bottom of screen until you see on the lower left or lower right

where it says in small letters " privacy ". Click on it. A seperate window in your browser should open(mozilla).

STEP 3: Click on the tiny paypal symbol located in the middle upper screen.Another screen will appear.

STEP 4: Just click on "My Paypal" on the upper right of your screen. Have FUN !

Options
Welshfarmer
Contributor

@HelperFixer 
that is exactly what I have been doing as a work-around. 🙂 

Just worried that that option is due to be removed as PP clamp down on this multi-stage authorisation thingy

Options
Destiny68
Contributor

At last someone with sense, thank you very much. Until we are forced to that, thats what I will do. I normally go into the url where it says mobile required, I delete that part and hit refresh and then I get into my account remember that one too xxx

Options
CalZoo
Contributor

I don't have j $#%#$%%&^$# cell phone.  And don't want one.

Paypal login wouldn't let me get past the "add mobile number" screen.  So I added my regular phone, not realizing that paypal was going to send a text message to that phone (hey paypal, I don't ever get text messages -- certainly not on my regular phone).

Now what do I do?  I can't get the authentication code.

Paypal:  if you are going to use authentication, you need to allow an email option.  The Gas Company does it.  The Electric Company does it.  My credit card does it.  My insurance company does it.  You need to do it too.

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@CalZoo 

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use PayPal without a mobile phone number attached to your account. This does not need to be a smartphone, a basic mobile will do. Paypal use mobile verification as a means of confirming your identity when you are accessing your account.

Not sure why its an issue to be honest, you can pick up a cheap pay as you go one for about a tenner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.