Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

vareole
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a same issue for over a month. 

I am not able to log in since I do not have access to my old phone number. 

I am not able to change it since I cannot log in. 

I am trying to contact with them all possible ways, but nothing works so far. 

I have sent them many email, but I get always reply in message center which I am unable to access since I cannot log in.

I have tried 3-4 paypal support phone numbers and always get same answer. "Due to corona virus we have less people in work and we are not able to help you over phone. Please contact with us in message center"

Again, I am not able to do that since I cannot log in. 

Seems like its ok for them to hold my money in there and not give me proper solution for this.

Login to Me Too

davy_scotland
Contributor
Contributor

yep shameful, as well as not being able to help on phone, or log into account to email, even on "community help centre" there is silence... ignoring people that do nothing wrong and use PP all the time.

Please sort it out paypal and let everyone use their account again this is preposterous !!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

EnzoJ
Contributor
Contributor

that doesnt help the issue at all, youre just explaining what it is you didnt even address the issue whatsoever. we are locked out of our damn accounts 

Login to Me Too

DUMHEAD
New Community Member

I don't have a cell phone, no reason for one, no extra funds for purchase of one.  How do I log in without cell phone number?

Login to Me Too

Cam9871
New Community Member
What do I do if I have changed my number and can't log in due to sending code to my old number
Login to Me Too

Judith48
Contributor
Contributor
So every time I try to log in inside my paypal account paypal sends me a verification code to my phone number to confirm that it's really me, but now I'm not getting any verification codes. I can't log in to my PayPal and it's very annoying? What do I do?
Login to Me Too

Himurupa28
New Community Member
I lost my sim card now i can't login my account . I forget my password but when i login it need psd2 verification that i can't verify
Login to Me Too

HLNHH
New Community Member
So my card has been blocked due to fraud, but I can't log on to PayPal with a new one because I don't have my old phone number anymore, but nor can I set up a new account because my email is already registered. I can't call anyone, as my phone bill can't be paid due to my card not being active, since I use PayPal to pay for my contract. Is there anything I can do?
Login to Me Too

Cazzyf68
New Community Member

when I log into to paypal...its asked for a text to be sent to our phone numbers BUT we have changed them!

but I'm in a catch22 as I cant get in to change them, cant ring paypal or anything 

Im going round in circles for hours

Help!

Login to Me Too

Phoebeleigh91
New Community Member
I'm unable to log into my account to withdraw a payment because 1. The email I used for my PayPal I can no longer access because its very old and 2. Because my old phone number is linked to it for authorisation, I pay things via paypal all the time so they should be able to know it's definitely my account, what other things can I do to prove it's my account other than the email/phone number?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.