Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

AlliMac1
New Community Member

Unable to accèss account as verification is by phoning landline which I no longer have. Verify another way no use as it takes me back to verifying by landline

What do I do?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlliMac1 

Why didn’t you opt out of the sms/texting setting for the landline number, do that for your next number after confirming it.

Contact PayPal:

1. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us     
  2. Click Password and account access.    
  3. Click Login problems.    
  4. Click Call Us after “This information might help” box.    

Call the customer service number observing business hours. Do not use the log in option, of course.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

VampireLestat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can't log in because my phone number has changed 2-3 months ago and authentication is required. I'm stuck. Please help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VampireLestat 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VampireLestat
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. The call center could change my number and the lady was also very kind.
Login to Me Too

ahmedsameheid
New Community Member

I'm having a problem with my account I tried to login with the right password it doesn't let me in and when I try to press on forget passwords it sends the code to my old phone number which I no longer have access to

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmedsameheid 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

knakkali
New Community Member

Hello all.
I moved from Germany to France recently. I lost my old German SIM card and as a result of the Paypal's two step verification process I am locked out of my German PayPal account. I no longer have access to it. I have some standing debts to pay from my old German PayPal account. How do I settle this now? I created a new PayPal account with my French debit card. Is there some way I can clear this matter? 
Any leads would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Cipry96
New Community Member

I made my paypal account and no longer have access to my phone number. Now I have another number and the old one asks me before connecting and I don't have it

Login to Me Too

ozanozen

Hi, I can't log in because my phone number has changed 2-3 months ago and authentication is required. I'm stuck. 

this is absolutely I know my email and my password, but my phone number has changed. But because of two step verification, PayPal wants to verify my identity by either texting my old number ... Or calling my old number. I've tried changing my password, still wants two step verification - doesnt help. To contact customer services you need to login - doesn't help I've tried calling customer services, some random number that isn't valid - doesn't help I've tried complaining, wants me to login and doesn't help. I don't have Twitter or Facebook nor do I want them so that doesn't help At this point I'm going to abandon my PayPal account because PayPal have made it so difficult to change something that should be simple, they clearly don't care about their customers

I have the very same issue, going round and round in circles. No longer have the mobile phone number used for authentication, so cannot log in to ask for assistance!

Every option takes me to two step authentication and asks me to accept a text to a number I no longer have. 

not:

• personal account
  • yes I tried to reach on Facebook and Twitter (askpaypal) pages.

Please someone help me from customer care.

after login with my credentials system ask:

ozanozen_0-1651840571154.png

and tried call me option (phone number is not active, I don't know calling who) :

ozanozen_1-1651840609329.png

and click "call again" again and again...

ozanozen_2-1651840662854.png

finally:

ozanozen_3-1651840674850.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.