Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Declan22 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Declan22
Contributor
Contributor

MSG80
Contributor
Contributor
Can't sign into mobile app..wants verification but my number isn't listed and wont accept it when i try to add it..but I can log in just fine on website
Login to Me Too

Gary0072
New Community Member

I cannot login to my account because my cell number has changed as well as my email address. I can login with my old email address and password - however my cell number has changed and I cannot accept the login with my old number. How do I login without using my old cell number.

Login to Me Too

andyjie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm at oversea now, cannot make the phone call to customer service, any alternative way to access my account?

Login to Me Too

d3b02d3
Contributor
Contributor

cant reset my password because i dont have my old number for authentication and i needd to take my email off

Login to Me Too

Bazbuz
New Community Member

I cannot log in because I need to verify by text. The number that paypal has is no longer in use. How do I log in to change my number to verify its me!!

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I need change tel number to <Removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bazbuz 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Charlymoon
Contributor
Contributor
I hardly use to my PayPal and had set up the thing where it texts me a code but as I changed my number and I no longer have access to it I can no longer log back in but I have money in there
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.