Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndreStewart1st 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anyangosusan
Contributor
Contributor
I can't access my account since it's already linked to my old PayPal account, but since I can't remember my address on the old account, the agents are unable to help, yet I still have an active PayPal account that they can refer to
Login to Me Too

Irish15
New Community Member
How can I access my old account? my SIM card is damage and I can't get a code. I badly need help.
Login to Me Too

bmemk
New Community Member
Cannot enter account after long inactivity and changed mobile no.
Login to Me Too

dbargss
New Community Member

I have a second (older) paypal account i'm trying to access, but when i choose the reset the password, when i enter email it only allows me to receive code via a old telephone number i no longer have access too, can't chose email/call or security questions. How would i go about this? Calling Paypal during work hours i suppose?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi dbargss, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties accessing your PayPal account. For security reasons, we are unable to assist with access issues over a Social Media forum. Full verification is required before access assistance can be given and this assistance can only be given over the phone. If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

DTMKr27
Contributor
Contributor

I have two paypal accounts. This one for commissions and another one for personal purchases. The other account is essentially locked out because I haven't been able to change the number on it. The number that it's linked to has been terminated so it can't receive texts anymore. I can't use my email to verify ownership over the account because there isn't an option to do so here. Any way to get around this?

Login to Me Too

delcoske
New Community Member

plese help. I have changed phone number which is needed for Authentication so I cant log in into my account. What should I do to recover account and change phone number to new one?

Login to Me Too

delcoske
New Community Member

solved*

via mobile phone app.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello,

@delcoske,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.