Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
Angel1946
Contributor

Please refer to jmilby's reply.  This is the correct fix to your problem as well as mine!  Just enter your landline phone number where is says "mobile number" and click on "Call with the code."

PayPal customer support is useless!  They don't have an understanding of how their platform or app works. 😞

Options
Go to solution
woogersam
Contributor

I tried using my land line phone and hitting "Call with Code", and it worked fine. A verbal recording called my land line and gave me a 4 digit access code to enter on my computer to unlock my account. Thanks to all for the suggestion.

After logging in, I went to my Settings page, found my land line number, listed as my "Primary Mobile", and I hit "Change" to uncheck the two preference boxes that 1) allow Robocalls from PayPal and 2) allow Texting from PayPal. Then, I hit the "Done" bar at the bottom to save the changes. Unchecking these is necessary to keep PayPal from discovering that the number is not a mobile number.

Options
Go to solution
Angel1946
Contributor

wow woogersam!  Thanks for that info!  I never looked into my settings and would never know that the default includes texting and other methods of calling.  Thanks so much, I followed your excellent instructions and unchecked both boxes!

Very valuable info!

Options
Go to solution
Richárd
Contributor
I just cant login to THIS account cause the verification, thats okay, but the point is that i contacted the help center and wrote in messenger, and they just wont help me, only via phone call?!? I cant and i wont call them for the reasons: 1. I just cant speak english 2.i live in europe and the call is VERY expensive. In this point i just cant bealive they cant help me via live chat, i have every information just cant talk!!! Is this a joke?

Options
Go to solution
Angel1946
Contributor

I'm so very sorry your situation is much worse than mine was!

I googled and found this info.  I sure hope it works for you!

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PayPal

Download Article

You can contact PayPal by phone or e-mail. Either process will be easiest if you log into your PayPal account before beginning, but you can still get in touch with customer service even if you are unable or unwilling to do so.

Options
Go to solution
Nikolas90
Contributor

I cannot access my account because I am asked for an authentification that I cannot do because I changed phone number few months ago. I tried to contact paypal via fb (the bot does not know) and via twitter (no aswer yet). Any suggestion?

Options
Go to solution
worldstream
Contributor

Trying to contact them is a complete waste of space. As far as I tell the only live people to talk to are in the US, useless as I am in the UK. This "recover access to your PayPal account" is dead. What a bunch of tossers.

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@worldstream 

UK customer services are based in Dublin.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Go to solution
ukstar
Contributor

I gave up. I got bounced from pillar to post so I set up a new account. Luckily eBay has dumped them.

Options
Go to solution
worldstream
Contributor

All OK now. I resurrected my old phone number on an old phone. Now I can log in and change to my new number. I won't bother though as the old number is fine and will only be used by PayPal.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.