Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Temp20210805d
New Community Member

I have changed my mobile phone number, the old number no longer exists, I try to log in to my account and as a way only the old number has occurred without the possibility of another way (e-mail) and I can not log in to my account to go to settings to change the number!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @George19635, 

Sorry to hear of the trouble. 

Please reach out to our support team for assistance. Once they verify some information with you, they should be able to assist. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

desmobob
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a mobile phone and now I am unable to log into my account.  I can't make a PayPal Credit payment or see my balance.  This is ridiculous!  How can I log in?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@desmobob 

Once you have regained access  you would need to add a mobile phone to continue using your paypal account unfortunately.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sadloner
New Community Member
I cant log in because here is my old mobilenumber. I have new number.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sadloner 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hakkimutlu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I can't access to my acount since I don't use the phone number linked with my account.

Because of the security issues, paypal sends a sms code but I don't have that anymore so I don't get the sms.

I can't connect to costumer service because it wants me to login first before connecting to help center.

How can I get myself called by Paypal Costumer Service? Is there an email adress?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Lolitamolita24
New Community Member
Hello! I don’t have access to the telephone number of my account. What should I do?
Login to Me Too

Nigrais
New Community Member
I can not login,because havent old phone number for verification?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nigrais 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.