Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

MiguelPinntado
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not able to login to Paypal due to the authentication required. I don't have or use the same phone number and I don't have any other option to verify.

How can I sort this out?

Login to Me Too

CANDH1921
New Community Member

Paypal won't let me verify my login as I have a new number. I can't log in for help. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @CANDH1921

Sorry to hear of the trouble logging in. 

To help get logged into your account, please reach out to our support team for assistance. Once they verify some information with you, they should be able to assist. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

nightswhisper28
Contributor
Contributor

Except I don't OWN a mobile phone...don't particularly want to add a landline.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nightswhisper28 

Sadly once you are in to your account you would need to add one to continue being able to log in and use Paypal.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RyanAbrines
New Community Member
I am having trouble logging into my account because it is asking me to verify my identity and to do this it will send a text to my old phone nunber which I do not have anymore. Is there anyway I can go around this ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RyanAbrines 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Velda11
Contributor
Contributor

The only 100% woking option how to solve this problem is to make call to PayPal helpdesk. After some research i had no choice than to do that. On the hotline they told me that it's working like this because they have security policies similar to banks. But it should be clearly mentioned somewhere with red color underlined!!! Bloody hell, so much time i spent to solve this!

Login to Me Too

robertd729
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to log in to my account, because of security it wants to text me, but I've changed my mobile number so I do not receive the text, is there a  contact number for Paypal as everytime I try & log in it keeps wanting to send text to my previous number so I can't get in

Rob

Login to Me Too

Temp20210805d
New Community Member

I have changed my mobile phone number, the old number no longer exists, I try to log in to my account and as a way only the old number has occurred without the possibility of another way (e-mail) and I can not log in to my account to go to settings to change the number!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.