New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
My wife has an old Paypal account which is linked to her ebay - along with her current paypal. She didn't notice but money she recieved as an Ebay seller went into her old Paypal account. She couldn't remember the password and when she tried to reset it, they needed to contact her by phone. Sadly, the phone number linked to the account is an old home number from her childhood home - where neither her nor her mum live anymore. Is there a way to update the number or reset the password via another route?
Hello. I wish to change my mobile number linked to the account but to complete the verification process PayPal wishes to send a message to my old number. Have tried doing what they suggest to no effect. Cannot log in to change. <removed>. Please help 😔
If you're unable to log in due to the text verification, it will be best to contact our Customer Support. You can contact us as a guest without logging in to your account. Here's how:
- Visit PayPal
- At the bottom of the page click 'Help and Contact'
- Click 'Contact Us'
- Click 'Password and account access'
- Click 'Login problems'
- Click 'Message us'
- Click ' Chat with us while logged out'
Our support will be happy to assist you. I hope this helps!
On my laptop the 'Login problems' page has no 'Message us' button, and therefore no chat while logged out facility, only a link to the phone line.
And do you know why the 'Login problems' page doesn't mention being locked out of 2-step verification, only forgetting passwords? Given the volume of users complaining about this, do you think a dedicated link to report/resolve this might be a good idea?
No sign of chat while logged out here (see pic 1). "Having trouble logging in?" redirects to "forgotten your password?" Same with "recover access to your PayPal account" (pic 2). It almost looks as if PayPal doesn't care, though I'm sure that's not really the case.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble contacting our Customer Support. If you're unable to reach us by phone, you can try visiting our 'Contact' page, selecting 'Password and account access', and clicking on 'Login problems'. If you are unable to reach us using those steps, you can also reach out to us by Facebook or Twitter.
not sure if PayPal Customer Support is catching on to the main problem here -- NONE OF US IS ABLE TO LOG IN.
That's the problem we're experiencing.
Nobody can help because the entire system is designed around things happening once you're beyond the login stage, but if PayPal locks you out, surely it stands to reason that you can't then simply log in to get help with your problem?