Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,975 REPLIES 4,975

SL1200
Contributor
Contributor
Verification code did work on landline and I was able to log in, now code won’t send and I keep getting told to wait 48 hours to login, doesn’t work and keep being told the same thing, what a flawed system☹️
Login to Me Too

nelsonj1998a

I'm adding the PayPal app to a new phone and everything seems to be fine other than the 'Login and Security' page under settings. When I click on it, the page comes up blank and doesn't load anything.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8. I downloaded the app version currently available from the Google Play store.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi nelsonj1998a, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please check in the settings of your phone that location settings are switched on for the PayPal app. If the locations settings are not switched on for the PayPal app, it may prevent you from logging in. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

TheITGuy
New Community Member

I am having this issue too on the latest version of android with the latest version of the Paypal app on a Google Pixel 4 XL. None of the moderator solutions solve it.

Login to Me Too

mrkornegay82
Contributor
Contributor
I am having this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S10 5G also. I just got paypal yesterday and was messing around with login so I can be logged in all the time today, 8-13-20 and noticed login and security was a blank screen. I messed around with the location "fix" and that did not fix it. Still no solution yet.
Login to Me Too

UsernameLink
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem, the only other reply on what to do does nothing.
I don't see how 'location permissions' should effect the 'Login and Security page' staying blank, all other pages load up just fine, but that permission is enabled and nothing changes, still a blank/white page.

Clearing app data, removing/reinstalling the app does nothing.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

gatornova
Contributor
Contributor
I also have the same issue on my Android. GPS enabled does not help.
Login to Me Too

Kbuskill1
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. The PayPal app works fine on my Samsung S9+ running android 10 Software but when I go to Settings > Log in and Security > the page opens but it is just a blank white page. I cannot set up a PIN code to make logging in faster/easier. 

Customer support suggested Uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I cleared the Cache and Data for the App and Uninstalled/Reinstalled it but it is still the same.

Customer support isn't much help. I wish they would fix the app.

Login to Me Too

graypesoda
New Community Member
None of the moderator solutions have helped, unfortunately, would really like to see this fixed!
Login to Me Too

GregD44
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this same issue now (Pixel 4XL), face ID DID work a few months ago, now I have to enter pw AND complete the bs capcha crap every time I log in! Like others, the login & security page now opens a blank page!? Wtf, paypal!? Fix this or I will use one of the many alternatives out there to send payments!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.