New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I have an issue I was wondering if anyone can help me solve. The problem is that I want to access my account, but when I try to log on they ask for verification via my phone number. Now I don't have access to that phone number any longer so I can't verify it. I have tried contacting paypal via email, but they just send me a message asking me to log onto my account to read... So no help there, even tried 3 times and they keep doing the same. When I try to call them I can't get through to talk with anyone, and facebook is not helping either. Any tips would be most appreciated.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
So short story, I cannot login. I ended at my current work yesterday and when i tried logging in today its asking for a extra security through SMS or phonecall, however I dont have access to either of the two numbers listed anymore.
I then tried to go through customer support which asks me to login to then put me at same screen asking for sms or call, its a never ending circle.
What do I do ?
I haven't used my Paypal account for a long while and when I tried to access it today, I realised that the phone it is registered to is my old landline. I have moved house since. I have my password and everything but I cannot get the 2 step security code to access my account and I can't find a way to get a code sent to my email address instead. Is there a way of doing this?
Thank you in advance
I have totally the same problem ! How to access my account when it’s linked to an old mobile number ...it asks to send a code to that old number ...I need to update with new mobile so I can get a code and access ! Any advice please ?
I live in Mexico.
I'm trying to get money from my paypal account into my back, but to link to the bank, they need to
call me or text me. Every time I put in my phone number in Mexico, it is unsupported / rejected. I'd like
to be able to use email verification, but I don't know if I can. Please help. Thank you
my telephone number <removed> is now not working number ,
this telephone is over beacoz i dont fund it , number dissapear
i need set new number <removed> link to my account tigerhareram
without confirm via text message or call to old number i cant log in to my acount and change number to new one
i cant log in