Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@aghamir 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
mariafidel
New Community Member

Dear community 

I've changed my number and residential address. I cannot verify my account as it keeps sending authentication codes to an old number before I can even log in my account. WHAT DO I DO?????/....i urgently need to access some funds.

Options
LaurenAlexander
New Community Member
Hi I changed my email address as old one got hacked signed new one up to my PayPal , then changed my number after my mum died, PayPal is linked to the old one. Won’t let me sign into my PayPal at all.

Options
EbonyN
New Community Member
I reset my phone the other day and redownloaded PayPal, and it won’t let me log in because I need to receive a text message but I’ve changed my phone number and it won’t let me into my account to change it, what do I do?

Options
buraz91
New Community Member

Hello there.I have this problem for more than 3 weeks and I tryed solving it by sending email to paypall but didnt get any answer.

My problem is phone number on my paypall account is my old number and I dont have it anymore and when IM trying to log in paypall ask me to verify my acc by sms or phone call.I hope someone from comunity can help me.

Options
blackandwhiteba
Contributor

i would like to know why my pay pal account is restricted, i'm not able to talk with a rep. i'm on hold forever so therefore i am sending a message out

Options
Stbabas1986
New Community Member
Hello. I have a problem with log in. I have changed my phone number I can't make phone number verification.

Options
RedDragon1
Contributor
So I want to start using my old PayPal , i have  changed my password, but getting the below message when i try to log in, trouble is the only number they had on file for me was an old Landline which is no longer used any ideas ??
Authentication required
As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you.

Have us call you

We'll show you a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call.

Home ‪(has my old Landline number and no option for text mobile)

Options
Khalidsaeedh
Im trying to get access to my account but its asking to put code sent on my previous number which is not in use- so i am unable to access my account without verification from number. How do i change my number? And get access to account?

Options
Ristovskii
New Community Member

I can't login to my account because of the new PSD2, i can't enter it because i dont use the same phone number anymore and i can't recieve any message to enter the account.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.