Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,972 REPLIES 4,972

Temp20240306G
New Community Member
I can't access my account because I changed the phone number and didn't stopped the 2 verification step. Can someone help me with this issue: either change my number phone or delete my account so I can made a new one. Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20240306G 

https://www.paypal.com/ro/cshelp/article/HELP678

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rizsa
New Community Member

I am not able to log in my old account because they send me the log in verification code to the old number.
What is the solution to use my to use my email with the new phone number while i can't log in?

Login to Me Too

mongan16
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I do not have access to my paypal numbers and it requires SMS verification to log in. Can you help me?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mongan16 

https://www.paypal.com/nl/cshelp/article/HELP678

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mongan16
Contributor
Contributor
I want to register my new number, but when I first log in, it sends a code to my old phone number, so I cannot log in.
Login to Me Too

Temp20240307B
Contributor
Contributor

Some years ago I created a PayPal account but I didn't use it. I wanted to clean up my password manager and delete the account, but I can't log in anymore because it can't verify my identity. It says I should call.

The issue is that I can't call from my phone because I have my new PayPal account that I use and have all stuff on it and the PayPal hotline automatically detects my phone number and the new account.

What should I do? I just want to delete this old account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20240307B 

When you get to the phone option don't log in and use the 'guest caller' option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20240307B
Contributor
Contributor
If I go to guest call and call the number it automatically finds my phone number (because it's the number of my new PayPal account). So that doesn't help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20240307B 

Then use another phone !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.