Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

temet
New Community Member
My phone has been stolen, PayPal insist on sending a message to it to confirm it's me! Makes perfect sense doesn't it? Is there a sensible way to access my account?
Login to Me Too

Temp20240306L
New Community Member
PLS help me
Login to Me Too

Phone number change I didn't update my profile with PayPal
Login to Me Too

Mario271
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have access to my old phone number, and I can't connect to my PayPal account
Login to Me Too

Ivona8
New Community Member

Hello, I am trying to log into my old paypal account that I have not been using in a while.

However, I have changed my phone number in the meanwhile, and now I have lost the access to my account.

Any solutions? 

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

AmeliaAri08
New Community Member

My account is connected to an old phone number. In order for me to log into my account again, Paypal needs to get confirmation code sent to my phone but the number is no longer active. I cannot change my number in my settings as well as I am unable to log in first. 

Login to Me Too

EddyG84
Contributor
Contributor

how do I change the number, I can't log in because it asks me for the code from the old number and I use the new number

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @EddyG84@rzer0ck@AmeliaAri08 and everyone else,

Thank you all for posting your questions regarding the inability to change your phone number. 

I'm sorry to hear that you no longer have access to the old number, and therefore are unable to use the self-service option. To make the change under those circumstances, please contact Customer Service for assistance. It is not necessary to log in to contact Customer Service. You can click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then click Password and account access, then click Login problems, and that will get you to the page where you will see the logged-out Customer Service help options at the bottom.

I hope this is helpful and you're able to get that information changed quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

rzer0ck
New Community Member

HOW THE HELL AM I MEANT TO GET BACK INTO MY OWN ACCOUNT AFTER IVE SWITCHED NUMBERS AND OLD NUMBER IS NO LONGER RECOVERABLE? WHAT KINDA OF AUTHORISATION IS THIS **bleep**!?

Login to Me Too

rmond6
New Community Member

I'm trying to send money to another paypal account but I'm stuck at the verification code page.

I created this account with my AU phone number years back but I've moved to Belgium which is my current location.

I don't have access to my old AU phone number which is registered in my current account.

When I tried to send money it says it'll send a code to my phone,

but there's a button to add a new phone number.

My Belgian number didn't work as it says "You can't use this type of number".

I tried another AU phone number of my friend's, it still says the same.

AU number doesn't work, Belgian number does'n work. Huh??

I also changed my primary phone number on my profile into my friend's AU number,

but paypal shows my old number for the verification code when I try to send money even though I've already changed my primary number.

I am aware paypal is some sort of country locked.

But what do I do if I move to another country and don't have access to the old phone number??

Any help please?

TIA.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.