Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,973 REPLIES 4,973

Paden2
New Community Member

How do I log into my account online????

Can't get past the enter mobile phone number 

I don't have a personal mobile phone that I pay for

The phone is supplied by my employer, and belongs to the job position I hold.

It is not my number to give out, and I lose it if I change jobs.

How do I access my account??????

This just seems wrong.

Since when is it mandatory to have a mobile phone, and be demanded to give it out or lose access to something you've been using for the last 15 years?????

Anyone know how to log in past this **bleep**?

Login to Me Too

Temp20221203k
New Community Member
I am unable to log into my original account as I have changed my phone number. I have tried to use the message and calling services but they’re automated. Does anyone have an email to contact PayPal directly?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20221203k 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DyL3V2
Contributor
Contributor

Help me please, i bought new phone with new number, now when i try to login on my paypal account it asks me for number verification, but i no longer have that number, but i have email and password, plis help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DyL3V2 

Read my message above yours !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

7712HoneyB
New Community Member
I lost access to the number linked to my PayPal,how do I login again since PayPal insists on sending me an OTP or call me on the mobile number
Login to Me Too

jale-kerpen
Contributor
Contributor

I have deposited my landline number. But I can't log in with this. Changing my phone number is only possible if I'm logged in. What do I have to do? Paypal can't help me either.

Login to Me Too

JhonyKh
New Community Member

Hello,

I need to change my number to be able to access my account. I try to login with my email PayPal asks me to very through a text message. I don't have my number anymore, and I cannot change it from settings because I am not being able to join to be able to change my phone number. Please I need help in this regard.

I tried contacting Paypal support, but I couldn't reach an agent.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Jhony

Login to Me Too

Everestking
New Community Member
i also have this problem when i logged in to my account it says security check i confirm my email using a code then it requires me my phone number which i dont have anymore it really annoys me considering i have money inside that account
Login to Me Too

Derrick851
New Community Member
Can't login to paypal it's requires a phone number i No more use.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.