Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

trulyscrum58
Contributor
Contributor
When I call all I get is an automated service so do you have the number you actually spoke to someone on please
Login to Me Too

mobilemadness
Contributor
Contributor

We aren't allowed to post phone numbers here.

Login to Me Too

Berrakeven
Contributor
Contributor
How comes?? I asked them to change the number on the account and they wont
Login to Me Too

pacyellow

That's a serious security flaw.  Anyone could have hacked your account by arranging to transfer notifications to 'your new phone number'.

Login to Me Too

notfor20
Contributor
Contributor

i can get into my paypal either because of this stupid security check.  I DO NOT USE A CELL PHONE! 

you would think that after hundreds and hundreds of complaints that paypal will fix this issue. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20221125D
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similiar issue PAYPAL thinks I am a robot this is a new thing and now every time I try to log in it has to verify that I am not a robot I would keep trying over and over again and it keeps thinking I am a robot!!! DANG this is really annoying and IT SUCKS TO be a ROBOT, or at least Paypal thinks so... STOP THE ROBOT CHECKS PLEASE!! your SYSTEM IS BROKEN!!! (side not at least I finally get in after about 1000 tries and fails to prove that I am HUMAN) I AM HUMAN DAMM IT if this continues and Paypal keeps checking to see if I am a robot I am going to quit using paypal AND BOYCOTT the use of it as well!!!!!! NOBODY SHOULD USE PAYPAL, heck maybe paypal is for robots not humans!!!!

Login to Me Too

Pragmaticcog
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. My stupid butt open three PayPal accounts, one for eventual business, one personal and one from years ago that somehow ended up with the money from my other account that was supposed to go to my bank. Preaching to the choir. FYI it's just going to get worse. The whole thing everywhere. The algorithm or AI at Bank of America canceled my account after 15 years and gave me no reason. In doing that they basically **bleep** me. All the apps that that checking account was linked to since disabled taking $700 with it
Login to Me Too

farm73
Contributor
Contributor
Hi fella I've got exactly the same problem. Not able yo change mobile number. Crazy customer services. If I can't log in. Not able to speak to them...Madness
Login to Me Too

Carolwright
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same trouble 

Login to Me Too

Stannie
Contributor
Contributor
This has all hapoened to me with a charity page, is it really legal for paypal to just effectively steal our money? I cannot access an account ive had for years abd it contains money and valuable contacts and they wont gove it back!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.