Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

ndp90

are we supposed to call if we're not from US or Canada and pay a fortune to log in? is there an email or chat or callback option? I have access to my email and even changed my password a few times but it still asks for the same freakin phone when I try to log in. frustrating..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ndp90 

I'm in the UK and customer services for Europe is in Dublin, Ireland so there are more centres than just U.S / Canada.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
However do not contact Social Media for any account issues as they will tell you to contact customer services as they can't advise on account issues apparently !
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

malwins

How sure is that to help?

Login to Me Too

tall40guy17
Contributor
Contributor

One of my employee has the same problem - She knows her account and password, but after she enters them it suddenly prompted an OTP verification and sends to OTP to an OLD mobile number that she is not using anymore. She seems to forget to update her new number in PayPal, which is really turning out as big pain.

To resolve this issue...

1) She has been calling the customer care numbers (  US time zone - [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]nbsp; and Philippines time zone - [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] for 2 days at different times during the day and night. The standard IVR response - WE CANNOT HANDLE THIS QUERY CURRENTLY.  She has ensured she is calling during business hours of US and Philippine timezone respectively.

2) The IVR also states to leave a message in the Message Center. The funny thing is to leave a message in the Message Center, one has Login in. It's a chicken and egg situation. I'm not sure how you expect customers to reach out to you in such situations.

3) She tried reaching out via Facebook and Twitter (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal   and  Twitter: @AskPayPal ) too and both response was to call customer care numbers.

3) Finally she reached out to me requesting help to check if I can post her query and have someone reach out to her or guide some way she can reach to customer care support.

Appreciate any help.

Login to Me Too

FalleStar
Contributor
Contributor

I did all this, and everything hinges on a phone number that no longer exists.

Even when I tried a burner-number I only got to "speak to" to a bot, no one

ever replies in anyway

Login to Me Too

Helbaby
Contributor
Contributor
Please help! My phone number has changed and I can't get in. The email and password are working.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helbaby 

Click on the 3 dots on your post and remove your personal phone number from this PUBLIC WORLDWIDE FORUM.

Then add your phone number as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/hu/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-update-my-phone-number-on-my-paypal-account-faq...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Helbaby
Contributor
Contributor
Please help! My phone number has changed and I can't get in. The email and password are working.
Login to Me Too

waqasrao7057
Contributor
Contributor
Login to Me Too

peki2able
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem and it cant be solved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.