Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

JunkiieJones
New Community Member
I don't know what is going on I know my email and my password but I can't log in first reason is because I have an old phone number that I no longer have access to the second reason is because when I'm clicking change number the app is totally like just glitching out and it's not giving me the option on the browser I just got sent money and now I can't even get into my account because of verification it makes no sense the websites telling me verify through the app and that apps telling me I can't verify because of the number and I don't know what else but I desperately need help right now if somebody can please help me I know I can wait and call tomorrow but I need the money you like immediately if anybody can I was so greatly appreciate it
Login to Me Too

Clarent
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot log in, due to old phone number being associated to my account. I have tried to contact customer services several times [deleted] but no luck. Call rejected after a few seconds wait every time. How can i recover access to my account, or how can i reach customer services? Thank you,

Login to Me Too

Jamzino16
New Community Member
I have a account linked to my daily email and that account is linked to a number I had about a few years ago which I don’t have a hold off now. The only way to go onto my account is to recieve or accept the verification but I don’t have my old number, is there any way I can unlink or delete my account because I really want to use my main email due to PayPal possibly becoming more of a necessity to me
Login to Me Too

coni2
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Support,

My phone number has changed, so I am not able to login. No problem, I tried to call you from outside Cyprus +357/777.. but this number does not work.

It is impossible to call your call center from abroad. How can I change my phone number?

Please let me know.

Login to Me Too

kabikabi
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my number and now I cannot access my paypal account because it requires me to put the code that it sent to my old number which I have no access to. What to do now? Please help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kabikabi 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MGMG123
Contributor
Contributor
Now l cannot login to my paypal account as my phone was lostl cannot get the code sent to that phone number.Please help me recover that account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MGMG123 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

oplu
Contributor
Contributor

how do i remove a credit card to my account without logging in? i have my old phone number which is signed into to my old account and i cant log in the account without mobile verification

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oplu 

Read the post above yours !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.