Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ispanas19 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

George_uni12
New Community Member
Hi I’m trying to log in or make a new account but I registered with an old account so now I can’t log in at all
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George_uni12 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Pintaro
New Community Member

The sim card went missing and I wasn't able to change the number, now I'm completely locked out because I can't receive the confirmation text.

Oddly, I tried to access it by changing the password and it let me change the password without any requests for phone verification.

So if I'm the user I got locked out, but if I'm a hacker I can change the password without verification. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pintaro 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

C4rlyb1
New Community Member

How can I access my paypal account when I no longer have the old mobile number used for authentication

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@C4rlyb1 

REad the post above yours ???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DenislavConkov
New Community Member

Hello, how can I change the phone number of an account without logging in it? The issue is that I have an account which is associated with a phone number which is no longer active and I cant login becouse the system keeps sending SMS to an invalid phone. Is there a way to change the phone number without loggin in the account? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DenislavConkov 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aulternatives
New Community Member

My phone number has changed. I cannot log in without getting a verification code sent to the (old) phone number, and cannot change the phone number without logging in.  Maddening! Help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.