Shrooomye
Contributor

I will try it this night ty for response 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
SarahA1976
New Community Member

Recently moved from France to Mexico. My phone number has changed. When I try to login to PP it wants to verify my account by sending a code.. but it's too my OLD phone number. What can I do?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@SarahA1976 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Go to solution
Za99
New Community Member
Hi, I have a bit of a weird one here. I have forgotten my password to my PayPal, and I no longer have the number associated with it. I have also forgot the password to the email I used to sign up. My account was limited last year, and I should have been able to withdraw my outstanding balance last week, however I am unable to because of this. I also cannot confirm my date of birth via the phone, as when I set up my PayPal I was under 18 and used a fake birthday. I know I have been stupid and idiotic, but could someone please tell me how I can get my money back as it is a large sum. Thank you in advance.

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@Za99 

Log out of all accounts, then try these options:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Depending on the method of contact, click “chat with us without login” link or “call us as guest” link.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:      

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal     

Twitter: @AskPayPal      

Good luck.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Options
Go to solution
Iiliyput
Contributor

I'm having difficulties logging into my PayPal account, and PayPal did not send me any access codes. My biggest issue is that there are no other alternatives for logging in other than my phone number. Even if I selected different options, it always directed me to my phone number as an access option.  I had contacted my phone provider, but they found no issues. I'm not sure what to do and there are no other methods to open my account; even contacting PayPal customer service is challenging.

Options
Go to solution
M-Fettouhi
New Community Member

Hey, I think I have the same problems. When I try to log in they ask for phone number verification, the problems is the area code is wrong, it is fixed for Frensh +33(..), when I set up the account I made a verification with my phone which starts with +212(..) Morocco. Now I can't even recall if I'm in the wrong here. I don't know if there is a way to contact the costumer service via email. It says I have to log first which I cannot do.  

Options
Go to solution
Iiliyput
Contributor

I don't know what to do, do you resolve your issues?

Options
Go to solution
Iiliyput
Contributor

The problem is whenever I send my concerns, they just told me to chat the customer service or call for assistance and give me certain instructions but still there is no solution. How can I log-in if the issue is that I can only used my phone number as an only way to access. Whenever  I clicked the "Having troubled logging-in" it just directed me to my phone number and thats the issue there is no other options. I keep asking why I can't receive codes since my service provider don't find any other issues. They want me to log-in but HOW? even the customer service is not helpful and whenever I talked to paypal agent it's like I'm talking to a robot because the replies are the same its it is an auto reply 

Options
Go to solution
Mel243
Contributor
Money has been sent to my old PayPal account, when I try to reset my password it only gives me two numbers which I no longer have access to, to receive security code. Any suggestions? Please & Thankyou in advance

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.