Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gorgeousgabby 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pieman1
Contributor
Contributor
I changed my number and can’t gain access to my old account because PayPal want to text or call me for identity verification
Login to Me Too

Ladylyn1994
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I just need a help about my PayPal account I forgot my password and when I click forgot password the otp will send to the mobile number that is use use to my pay paypal before but unfortunately that number is already loadt so I just want reset my password using email otp how can I do that if there's no option for that when I try it on my acc
Login to Me Too

Sid92
New Community Member

Hello, I’m sid [removed], I tried to login but they asked me for sending a message to my phone number but the problem that I have change my phone number and I have no access to the old one , what should I do to remove the old number and update it with the new one

Login to Me Too

amgonzalezp11
New Community Member
I have a new cell phone number,I don't have the old number and I can't receive any verification code to check my account .
Login to Me Too

Nasser666
New Community Member

Hello, I can't login to my account because I changed my phone number from many years ago, my phone number that i has been charged was [removed]

Login to Me Too

Dragonflower69
New Community Member
I don’t know how many hours I have spent on the phone with paypal already but I can’t log into my paypal account that I have money on. The reason why I can’t log in is because they want to send a text to my old phone number well I go look up how to resolve this issue and it tells me I need to log into my account and change my phone number from there. Well how am I supposed to log in if I can’t log in because it wants to send me verification code to old number so I can’t sign in to change my phone number and btw not many people have a new number while still having their old number too so I think that maybe there should be an option to send a verification code to your email listed on the account as well which also btw customer service cannot send verification to your email on your account because that does not verify that you are the person the account belongs to even though your email is right there on the account however they will send a total different phone number that has not been answered in any way associated with your account thus far a verification code to prove that it is you that it is your account which is totally bassackwards if you ask me! I could be Joe blow trying to verify a different number to somebody else’s account and they would just let me as long as they could send me a text. Well I’m telling you that’s not the way it should be and besides I no longer have telephone service because of Covid and I only have a TextNow number which does not receive verification codes without paying for the service which I cannot do anyways because all of my money is stuck in this stupid account and I don’t make any money because I don’t have a car and I can’t get a ride because my money is stuck in this account I mean seriously people I’ve been calling using the library hotspot now for over a week and the hotspot is overdue and I need to return it and then I have no phone no Wi-Fi no car no job no money and then no food probably too so paypal u need to figure something out right now and let me access my f in account before I blow ur mind too cuz I know you have definitely blown mine and I don’t know how many times I can talk to you without swearing and getting hung up on and how long I can be on the phone before the hotspot drops our call altogether and just as I’m supposed to get to the real person that could help me supposedly. I mean I keep getting transferred to other agents but not getting anywhere and transferred to people that I didn’t even need to be talking to that couldn’t help me one bit. I even called the number on back of card and got a chick from Netspend that I was on phone w for an hour before she told me that I would have to call paypal I said I did and who the hell am I talking to she said Netspend I said why in the world would you even be taking my information when I said paypal idk how many times how do you think you’re even going to be able to help me and how the f did I get to you from the number off the back the card seriously paypal get it together stop with the run around this is my money and not yours a lady last week told me she was transferring into my other paypal account and be there in 24 hours and nope not even close, my PIN number has been changed I don’t know what it is anymore even after I had just changed it and now I can’t find out what that is or change it because I can’t log in. It’s an old phone number guys get over it send me verification through email it’s not like I don’t know my password! I got it all right you just won’t let me do **bleep** without having my old number! **bleep**! Btw I’m closing everything paypal at the end of this crap!
Login to Me Too

Sami78
New Community Member

Two step verfication problem my phone number has been lost please remove my phone number

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sami78 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shrooomye
Contributor
Contributor

Hey i have an problem with my main account of paypal i can't log in cuz i lose my last phone number and i want to change it and i don't have enough credit to call paypal 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.