Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

maimai2
New Community Member

Mohamed250
Hi, i can not log in because the Mobil number it's old, how to change it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamed250 @maimai2 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mchase26
New Community Member

I have removed my old phone number from every place in my profile and added my new one. When I need third party verification it still has my old phone number in there and on some transactions I cannot even use paypal because that is no longer my number. Some transactions I can click "having trouble logging in" and it will give me the option to text my correct number. But it never defaults to my correct number.  How do I remove that old number from the verification process?

Login to Me Too

Harsha4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mchase26

Thank you for contacting PayPal community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues while logging in to your account. In this type of situation, it is best to give us a call. Once we can verify some information with you over the phone, we can aid in resolving the issue. You can find the number to reach us by going to https://www.paypal.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting 'Contact'. Please visit the link to get more information when you face this kind of issues.

Thank you,

Harsha 

Login to Me Too

LiesaP
New Community Member

Hi, I need to get into my account to update my phone number, but I can’t get access because PayPal want to send me a verification code via text….to the old number!! Gah!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiesaP 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ppsrh
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ppsrh 

Have you got another mobile phone linked and confirmed on your paypal account that you can ''change'' it to?

If you only have x1 mobile phone added then there would be nothing to change it to so it would not show up as an option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kole933
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my cell phone number and now I can no longer log in to pay pal accaunt, what should I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.